Thursday, May 7, 2015

For our GAIN requirement I chose Jeff Utecht's blog, The Thinking Stick. The post I'm commenting about is "10 Ways to use Google Maps in the Classroom." I'm one of those individuals who uses Google Maps frequently but would never have thought about using in the classroom until reading this post.
As a student I always dreaded when we had to talk about Latitude/Longitude. I love Ultecht's ideas of Latitude/Longitude Scavenger Hunts. This idea makes learning this concept not only fun but shows students how it is used in our daily life.
My favorite idea that was shared in his post was to have the students create a video tour of all the different explorers. This is definitely a FUN and innovative way for our students to learn about all the different explorers in our History.
Jeff Ultecht gives new educators great tools to implement into their classroom to make learning old concepts fun.

1 comment:

  1. This is good, but you were to look at Google Documents and check the Graham text on that for this first course, although the blogspot discussion could have been in place of the personal note I requested. I probably need to be more clear on that aspect of the assignment. I will give you half credit for a good effort, but you still need to take a look at Google Documents and the Common Core.

    ReplyDelete